09 10

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Artist Feature: Tin Can Photography

Please welcome Erin & Bryan Sintos, the creative duo behind Tin Can Photography!!! I personally had an opportunity to work with Erin while I was redoing my website and she was fabulous :)

Tell us a little bit about yourself. Where you are from. Your education, culture and goals.

Hi! I’m Erin Sintos and I document life in pictures. My educational background and first “grown up job” was in journalism and I spent many an evening developing in the dark room, so the fast pace of weddings and catching fleeting moments feels so natural to me. Wedding photography is the calling I never knew I would have, but is so perfect for me!

I grew up right outside Atlanta and am currently located smack dab in the middle of the city, so this magnificent melting pot is Home to me—and now to Us. My husband Bryan is my Love, my rock and my business partner. When he’s not teaching music or playing gigs in the city, he’s my go-to second shooter and creative lighting genius. I just love when we get to work together! 

Who are favorite artists, designers, fashion icons that have influenced your creative style?

There are a number of photographers that I greatly admire in the industry, but I have to say the main influences of my work come from filmmakers. In college I took every film class my university offered and ate up the visual masterpieces with a passion. Some directors whose work really influenced my creative style are Robert Wiene, Francois Truffaut, Jean-Luc Godard and Alfred Hitchcock. Through watching their pictures strung together, I really learned how to see and tell a story through images.



Where do you normally find your inspiration? Books, magazines, around the city ...

When I’m not watching an old movie at home or catching a film at the art cinema, I’d say my biggest source of inspiration comes from walks around the city. When you slow down enough to take in an area, you see things you never saw before—even if you’ve driven past that area a hundred times. Bryan and I have done some of our best location scouting this way.


What was your favorite project? 

We participated in pulling together a styled wedding shoot recently that was pretty exciting. It was a really great to work with a group of talented vendors in the Atlanta and push ourselves creatively. With a styled shoot, I get to dance around the line of reality—and that’s just fun. (Watch our blog for the publication announcement!)

What is your dream project? 

One goal I have is to take the still shots on a movie set. I just think this would be amazing, and it would only strengthen my approach to wedding photography.



How would you describe your process?

Since each couple is different and comes with their own unique traits, there isn’t one basic process that we follow for each wedding. But then again, isn’t that why you would hire us? We meet with all our clients and learn all about them and their big day so that we can tell their story their way. 

One of the best comments I’ve received from a bride is that the energy of her wedding day was captured so perfectly that guests who could not attend felt like they were there celebrating with everyone just by viewing the photos. Creating this type of emotional response through photography is one of the key components of my business. 

What is your favorite fashion possession of the moment?

Because it is now officially fall, I’m going to go with my boots! I pretty much wear them every day. My husband says I even have a “happy boot walk” when I wear them! Because they are flat and simply slip on, they’ve also been great to wear to the airport. Going through security with a ton of camera gear takes a little longer, so being able to slide my shoes on and off is a bonus! 



If someone was going to visit your city, what one place would you recommend them to see?

I would recommend they hop on the new Beltline and take in the beauty and personality of Atlanta’s neighborhoods on foot (or bike). This city has so much character it’s hard to pinpoint just one place to go! And as a photographer, that’s one of the reasons why I love it here so much!


























Thank you Erin & Bryan Sintos for sharing your wonderful work!!!

- Ksenia

No comments:

Post a Comment